Health Information Management (HIM) is dedicated to the effective management of patient information and health care data needed to deliver patient care, reimbursement and research.
Combining healthcare and technology
- State-of-the-art systems have been implemented to transition the paper-based medical record to an electronic health record.
- The HIM department works collaboratively with the IST department to support our caregivers and respond to the accelerated pace of technology.
- Home-based programs for coders and transcriptionists are available. The home based coding program provided an industry standard in the Denver Metro area.
Who are we?
- HIM management at Exempla Healthcare are among the best in the field. State and national representation at AHIMA and CHIMA have provided leadership so current HIM topics are continually on the forefront. Interviews with national healthcare publications, speaking engagements at HIM State meetings, and teaching HIM classes at university levels are some of the HIM activities this staff has been able to provide.
- The HIM departments have been recognized for their efforts to impact the organization's financial stewardship, internal processes, and employee and continuous improvement efforts.
- The HIM management team is credentialed (e.g. RHIA, RHIT, CCS) and has a wealth of experience that supports opportunities for continuing education both internally and for others. Local HIM programs at Regis University and Arapahoe Community College have placed HIM students at Exempla Healthcare for practicum experiences.
Where are we located?
- HIM departments are located in Exempla's facilities throughout metro Denver.
- Acute care facilities include Lutheran Medical Center located in Wheat Ridge, Saint Joseph Hospital located in Denver and Good Samaritan Medical Center located in Lafayette.
- West Pines Behavioral Health Center and Collier Hospice Center are freestanding facilities located on the Lutheran campus.
- Colorado Lutheran Home, a long-term care and assisted living facility, is located in Arvada.