For your stay, please consider the following ...
When You are Admitted to the Hospital ... Bring
- A list of the medications you are taking. Make a list of bring all your bottles with you to the hospital. Be sure to bring prescription and over-the-counter medications, supplements, vitamins, etc.
- Picture identification such as a driver's license, state ID card, or passport.
- Your insurance card.
- Personal items to make your hospital room feel more like home. You might like to have one or two small framed pictures, a pillow or throw, or your slippers and robe.
And Please Do Not Bring:
Please do not bring jewelry, cell telephones, iPods, small electronics, or anything of value to the hospital.
We encourage you to be very involved in your health care. Feel free to ask questions of any member of you health care team and to ask any question you'd like. Here are some you might consider:
- What is your name?
- What role do you play on my health care team?
- What is the medication you are giving me and what is it for?
- What can I expect during this procedure?
- What will this procedure tell you and why is that important?
- What is my diagnosis?
- What plan of care do you recommend for me?
- Have you washed your hands since seeing your last patient?